by Leslie Pelch, VCGI
Parcels: the parcels web map service has been updated to reflect additional or updated parcel data (also available for download)
- Link to the WMS: http://vcgi.vermont.gov/warehouse/web_services#maps
- Link to the data download: http://vcgi.vermont.gov/warehouse/search_tools
- In addition to completing the Rutland County collection (orange in map above), the entire Winooski River Watershed plus some additional area will be collected in 2014 or 2015. The project will cover more than 2400 square miles (light green in map above), complete Lake Champlain Basin coverage on the Vermont side and include a new coverage for Chittenden County. Total project funding was $880,000 and a total of six cooperators contributed to the project.
- A pilot area Web Map Service of LiDAR data will be available soon!
- Updated ArcGIS Online VT LiDAR map makes finding information about available LiDAR and derivatives easier: http://vcgi.vermont.gov/LiDAR
Fall Webinar Series Scheduled (all will be recorded and posted at VCGI’s Youtube channel):
- October 15, 2014 – 1:30 pm Webinar: A Tutorial on the New Mapbox Studio
- October 16, 2014 – 2:00 pm Webinar: Remote Sensing Basics
- October 22, 2014 – 1:30 pm Webinar: Using Github for Geodata
- November 6, 2014 – 2:00 pm Webinar: How to Select the Best Imagery for Your Remote Sensing Project
- December 4, 2014 – 2:00 pm Webinar: Assessing the Accuracy of Remotely Sensed Data
- December 17, 2014 – 1:30 pm Webinar: Afraid of GDAL, There’s a GUI For That: Raster Mastering in QGIS