The VT Center for Geographic Information (VCGI) is pleased to announce the release of a new Vermont Open Geodata Portal (geodata.vermont.gov). VCGI, in close collaboration with Vermont’s Enterprise Geospatial Consortium (EGC), has built a website (Portal) that helps constituents find, explore, and access a wealth of geospatial resources. The Portal provides access to geodata, web services, and applications originating from many sources (publishers) including numerous State agencies (e.g. VT Agency of Natural Resources, VT Agency of Transportation, VT Agency of Human Services, VT E911).
- Download formats – Vector datasets are available in multiple download formats (shapefile, excel, and csv).
- Smart search – All entries are fully indexed with tags and keywords making it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Data visualization – Vector datasets can be visualized using the built-in map viewer. Users can even filter the data before they download it!
- Big Data download tools – The Portal includes special tools for “big” datasets such as imagery and lidar. These include the Tiled Data Download Tool and Clip & Zip Tool.
- Modern web platform – The Portal leverages modern web technology supported by Esri (Environmental System Research Institute, Inc.), providing the State with an upgrade path for the future.
VCGI would like to thank our State Agency partners for their ongoing dedication to improving access to Vermont’s geospatial resources!